VR28 Multi/Twin Deck Transporter Training
VR28 Multi/Twin Deck Transporter Training (Recovery & Salvage)
This module is aimed at Operators who use Multiple-Deck Car Transporters to move vehicles in their day-to-day activities.
It covers the loading & transportation of mobile, immobile & salvage vehicles.
It also covers the all safety aspects relating to the use of this type of equipment.
This module uses the National Occupational Standards and the Technical Certificate (developed by the IVR & Automotive Skills) as the benchmark for the content of the course.
Course Training Includes:
• Health & Safety requirements when using multi-deck car transporters with special regard to ‘Working at Height.
• Legislation that affects the loading & transportation of Multi-Car Transporter vehicles.
• Different types of Multiple Deck transporters and how they operate.
• Techniques in loading vehicles on to multiple deck transporters.
• Performance features of multi-deck transporters.
• Damage free loading & transportation of mobile and prestigeous vehicles.
• How to load a multi-deck transporter without damage including use of Vehicle Condition Report Forms.
• Winching techniques & calculations applicable to the task.
• Security & restraint of loaded vehicles.
• Unloading procedures.