Rotator & Top Boom Training
VR20 Rotators & Top Booms
This module is a highly specialized course in the use of Top-Booms & Rotating Recovery Equipment. It is recommended only for operators that are fully trained, highly skilled & experienced in Heavy Vehicle Recovery. The module covers all aspects of recovery using Rotating Recovery Equipment & Top Booms.
The operator's knowledge and ability to use the equipment are tested throughout the module. Their practical skills and theory knowledge are also continually assessed as certification for this module cannot be gained by assessment only.
Mathematical calculations feature extensively. It is a pre-requirement for all trainees taking this module to have a broad understanding of heavy recovery and all the laws applicable to the use of the equipment.
Course Duration 3 Days
Theory, Practical Skill Instruction & Assessment
• Health & Safety at work regulations as applicable to Rotating Recovery & Over-Boom Equipment
• Risk Assessments for the working area, Pre-use Vehicle, Equipment Inspection Techniques & Checks
• LOLER regulations applicable to this equipment
• PUWER regulations applicable to this equipment
• Manual handling &Working At Height regulations
• Identification of all equipment used and the location, function & competent use of all controls
• Relevance of conforming to manufacturer's guidelines
• Lifting, Rolling, Lowering & Tip Calculations
• Manufacturers Design differences (Miller/NRC)
• Demonstrate the correct & competent use of all Rotator/Top Boom controls & equipment
• Identify the equipment required & implement the rigging & safety techniques required to right an overturned vehicle from different access points
• Demonstrating selection & use of ancillary equipment, ie Chains, Strops, Shackles & Snatch-Blocks etc